Weekly - Monday Night No Drop Dirt Ride
Join us weekly for a dirt tour of Center Trails.
Offered when trail conditions are dry. Check status.centraliowatrails.com for trail conditions. We will also post to our Facebook page with last-minute event updates. (https://www.facebook.com/centraliowatrails/)
From March - August we partner with the Monday Night No Drop Road Ride. Both road and dirt groups depart from Orlondo's on Park Ave at 6pm.
September - October, the road ride is in hibernation and the dirt crew will meet at the Ashworth Pool Parking lot at 45th/Grand in Des Moines.
November - February - We are considering a fat-bike / winter schedule, but nothing concrete yet.
We tour Center Trails including J-11, Denman's Woods, Squirrel's Nest, and Rhythm. We may opt to ride Hillside/Rollercoaster in the event Denman's, etc. is closed.
It's a fantastic opportunity to learn your way around "back there" and explore the green heart of urban Des Moines.
Afterwards, plan to stick around and hang out for drinks at Orlondo's (March - August). Otherwise, the group will decide where to regroup, there's plenty of spots close by: Confluence, 515 Brewing, Orlondo's, watering holes on Ingersoll, etc.
- Dirt capable bike and helmet required.
- All skill levels are welcome.
- The riders will wait and re-group at the end of each trail segment.
- We aim to avg ~7-10mph
- To meet our time/pace, we may opt to not ride a trail segment.
Ground Rules (adapted from the road ride rules):
1. First and foremost, we are here to build a community of skilled cyclists. Be willing to mentor and learn.
2. We do full regroups at each designated spot waiting for sweeper(s).
3. When on the road and paved trails, obey all road/trail rules. Never cross the center line.